The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment measures career and leisure interests. It is based on the work of E. K. Strong Jr., who originally published his inventory on the measurement of interests in 1927. The assessment is used to aid people in making educational and career decisions. The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment is one of the world’s most widely respected and frequently used career planning tools. The goal of this assessment is to give insight into a person’s interests, so that they may have less difficulty in deciding on an appropriate career choice for themselves.
The Strong is designed for high school students, college students, and adults, and is found to be at about the ninth-grade reading level. It is an assessment of interests, and not to be confused with personality assessments or aptitude test.
The Strong Interest Inventory® consists of 291 items that measure an individual’s interest in six areas:
- Occupations (107 questions)
- Subject Areas (46 questions)
- Activities (85 questions)
- Leisure Activities (28 questions)
- People (16 questions)
- Your characteristics (9 questions)
The newly revised version can typically be taken in 30-45 minutes after which the results are scored. After scoring, an individual can then view how their personal interests compare with the interests of people in a specific career field.
The results include:
- Scores on the level of interest on each of the six Holland Codes or General Occupational Themes (Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional)
- Scores on 30 Basic Interest Scales (e.g. art, science, and public speaking)
- Scores on 244 Occupational Scales which indicate the similarity between the respondent’s interests and those of people working in each of the 122 occupations.
- Scores on 5 Personal Style Scales (learning, working, leadership, risk-taking and team orientation).
To know more about the assessment and reports, contact us on +91-9969789521 or fill this form and we will get in touch.
To know more about The Strong Interest Inventory®, check the official website here. To understand the content, reliability, and validity of the Strong Interest Inventory®, check this document and this video.
The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment reveals students’ interest patterns to help guide them through the process of developing self-awareness, exploring academic and career options, and creating rich, fulfilling career goals. Check this, this, and this to see how Strong Interest Inventory® helps students and professionals decide career paths and helps them narrow down career choices.
The Strong Interest Inventory® is a registered trademark of CPP, Inc. of Mountain View, California. Strong Interest Inventory and CPP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of CPP, Inc., in the United States and other countries. The Strong Certified Practitioner logo is a registered trademark of CPP, Inc.