JBIMS released the M.Sc. (Finance) Entrance Examination notification yesterday (finally!) and gave a reason to smile to thousands of aspirants. No surprises in terms of the process. The M.Sc. (Finance) Entrance Examination will be held on June 20, 2016.
1. Reporting time for candidates is 02.00 p.m. at JBIMS (no other test venue outside). The test is from 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm
2. Test is based on multiple choice objective questions with four-five alternatives.
3. The test comprises of 100 objective type questions. Each correct answer gets one mark and wrong answer gets -0.25 marks (negative marking). Same as what it was two years back.
4. The candidate must carry the fee receipt and photo identity proof such as passport or UID (Aadhaar) Card or any other photo identification issued by the Government.
5. Group discussion and personal interview schedule will be displayed on website. The candidate must report 45 minutes before the scheduled time for group discussion.
6. The merit list of candidates selected for the course will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute on 5th July, 2016.
7. The selected candidates are required to pay their fees of Rs. 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) on July 12, 2016 between 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. in the Accounts Section of the Institute by Demand Draft only; in favour of Director, JBIMS ; payable at Mumbai.
8. The classes will start from 21st July 2016.
JBIMS has also given a fairly satisfactory answer to the MSc (Finance) Vs MBA question which is frequently asked by the aspirants.
Although, there is some overlap with an MBA, the MSc (Finance) programme provides a broader and deeper exposure to finance, but more limited exposure to general management topics. Thus, the programme focuses on finance and financial markets, while an MBA, by contrast, is more diverse, covering general aspects of business not dealt with in the finance program, such as human resource management, marketing management, and operations management.
A month looks like a good enough time frame to prepare for the entrance test. When JBIMS conducted the entrance test for MSc Finance in 2014, the test was based on General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning and Language Skills. We hope that the paper pattern and the difficulty level will remain more or less the same.
Click here to download the Admission Form for MSc Finance 2016-18 Batch
Click here to download the information brochure of MSc Finance course.
Click here to download the instructions for MSc Finance Entrance Test.