Q. What are the list of monthly magazines that cover everything related to general awareness and helpful for IIFT, XAT and for any competitive exam? [Source – Quora]
For MBA entrance tests, and for group discussion and personal interview preparation you should have a habit of reading newspaper/reading news in the electronic format. Either you can go for online subscription of a good newspaper or get read the print copy.
2. Hindustan Times – Latest news on India, Assembly Elections, IPL 2016, Bollywood
You can also go for fortnightly or monthly magazines. Recommendations:
1. Businessworld – BW Businessworld
2. Business India – The Business India Group
3. Business Today – Business News, Latest Stock Market and Economy News India from
1. Outlook – more than just the news magazine from India
2. The Week – Home
GK and current affairs preparation (exam point of view) (available in print format)
1. Competition Success Review – Competition Success
2. General Knowledge Today – General Knowledge Today – GK & Current Affairs for IAS, UPSC, PCS, IBPS & SSC Exams – General Knowledge Today
International Business & World
1. The Economist – World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance
2. Forbes – Forbes
If you are not a big fan of reading long pieces, jump to YouTube or Apps
1. Indian Express – IndianExpressOnline
2. Outlook – https://www.youtube.com/user/OutlookMagazine/videos
1. inshorts – Inshorts – Stay Informed
2. Knappily – Knappily | Home | News App Editorial
3. Newsbytes – NewsBytes
You need not read/watch/install everything. The key is to avoid overlap and optimize. Make sure you make notes for current affairs and write down your analysis of long articles. As a by-product of reading and following news, you will also end up improving your static GK as a lot of current articles have references from the past. Pick one Indian general newspaper, one international business magazine, and one Indian business magazine. Install any one app. Keep dedicated time for reading everyday as it will help build a habit than being haphazard in your preparation.
Hope this helps. Do share your experience of following these news sources.
This post was written as